"minuterie" switches

I mean the ones you see in common areas of buildings in France, such as corridors in blocks of flats. The switch is a button with a small orange light in the middle, and when you push it the lights come on for about a minute, then cut off automatically.

Just out of curiosity, do they exist in the UK (and if so, what are they called)? Could ones bought in France be installed legally in the UK?

(I imagine many people find them annoying, and I don't have a use for them at the moment; I'm just curious --- so no need to flame me.)

Reply to
Adam Funk

Time delay switch; pneumatic time switch.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Would they be CE approved?

Reply to
82045

Yes. Either pneumatic or electric delay switches, or push switches linked to a central timer.

central timers can be included in the consumer unit

Owain

Columbus switches have been around since I was a child. They can be a pain to adjust - either they stay on for ever or cut out too quickly. Even if you get them right, they go out of adjustment. They are pneumatic so work on any voltage within the switch limits.

on the situation, these days I would use a PIR switch on halls and stairwells.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Probably, but I'm not sure. I doubt they'd attach properly to British enclosures, though. You might need to import French boxes too.

Reply to
Adam Funk

don't see why - most of Europe uses the same dimensions for breakers and the mounting rail is (ISTR) a DIN spec rail.

Reply to
charles

The ones (Pneumatic and push button type) I've seen in Europe and here fit a standard wall box, either surface mounted or flush. The timers will fit the DIN rails in a central distribution board.

Reply to
John Williamson