Mini roller query

I have a mini roller pack which I plan to use to paint a door.

I have to undercoat it then top coat it with satin or gloss.

I was wondering what the smooth roller is for and which the ruffled one is for ?

I'm after a smooth look finish on the doors.

thanks

Reply to
Pete

Ruffled - treat as any other similar style roller - great for emulsion etc. The smooth ones are supposed to be for gloss etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Having used a smooth one for gloss I've concluded you could get a better finish with a floor mop/dead badger.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Having used a _varnish_ one for the bottom of my racing dinghy I don't think I'll ever brush it again.

... except looking at Wickes website they don't seem to do them any more :(

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

err perhaps it was Homebase?