I'm guessing not from B&Q.

Reply to
shaun

Screwfix... BigStuff catalogue. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Staffbull

Aldi have some on offer next Thursday...............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

They'll probably be just a tiny bit too big.

Reply to
Guy King

I wonder where they get the giant toothpicks for when it starts eating bulldozers:

Reply to
bweebar

Reply to
Staffbull

The message from "Staffbull" contains these words:

Only polite to warn the neighbours first, though.

Reply to
Guy King

No, it would have been bloody hilarious to see his face !!, We bought our house cheap because of him, he's a bit of a nutter, mid fifties farm worker all his life and drinks like a fish, hard as a coffin nail!! most round here were a bit scared of him and said I'd be mad to buy next door, but he's like a pussycat now, few months after we moved in I had to go around and ask "politley" for him to turn off the loud music, after taking the gate and back door off the hinges (they were locked) but not to the extent 16st wouldnt move em!! The choice of turning the music down or fetching his stereo from the local lake was his, the stereo is not in the lake, and i have never had to go around again. In fact we are on exellent terms since!! The "softly softly" aproach is no good sometimes :-). I quite like him now, he got me a three bed semi (now four) with garage and bloody big garden and drive for four cars for =A330k five years back :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

How much discount do you reckon you got because of the neighbour? How did it come about?

Just interested, because you hear so much these days about property becoming devalued due to neighbour issues etc.

David

Reply to
Lobster

bout =A320K off at the time, I reckon it should have been about =A350k, so a fair old bit!! There was a lot of work to do on it as well, so that might have put a lot off, it was empty for three years which is unheard of here, we live in a small hamlet ( not really big enough to be a village) and houses usually sell fast if they come up ( not often). You would have to see and hear the neighbour to appreciate what people must have thought, but there is a master for everyone!! the Missus is mine !! :-). It's not a problem really as he wont last forever, he'll have liver damage thats for certain, I'm not moving, so once he's popped it.... sorted :-)

Reply to
Staffbull