Miele washing machine problem

I have just aquired a Miele W360 washing machine. It's working perfectly except that when I open the door, the door release solenoid appears to be dragging the power rail down because the backlight to the program setting knob goes out for a second or two. The door releases easily and I don't think the solenoid is having to work hard. This in itself doesn't bother me but I am concerned that it may be stressing the EXPENSIVE electronics. Has anyone encountered this? Miele say the light should not go out but then only offered a service visit which I was not interested in. I've yet to get in there with a DVM and won't bother if I'm told it's not a problem.

Reply to
Michael

The message from "Michael" contains these words:

I'd guess it's more likely it's a bad earth to the panel.

Reply to
Guy King

I had a problem with a low volt transformer that supplied the motherboard on a miele DW

Reply to
mrcheerful

My W489 does exactly the same, has done since new (2 years ago) and has had no issues. Seems normal, and I never really considered it a problem.

David

Reply to
David R