Midi file

Hi all I am looking for a .midi file of construction noises . You know sawing whilst something is being hammered and possibly a drill in the background that sort of thing. Basically it is going to be a sound file in the background of a web page entitled "construction".

Normally I wouldn't put sound files on a web page but my college tutor (adult/open learning [used to be known as night classes]) wants me to be able to manipulate sound files onto a web page and to get the files to hand. I constructed a greenhouse for my youngest not that long ago so thought I would "do" the web site on that, have lots of photos. and can remember the main steps but I need a sound file, as I said, for the background of the "Construction" page.

Would anyone know where I could obtain such a file (preferably free) or will I, with great difficulty, have to make it myself?

Reply to
soup

A midi file is a format used to control musical instruments so you're not going to get non-instrumental sounds (apart from novelty sounds on your sound card midi emulator) - so you would be looking for an audio file format such as wav, mp3 or vorbis.

If you google 'construction sound effects' you should find some useful links

BTW, lots of people think that that an embedded audio file on a web page is a real turn-off.

Reply to
OG

This is what you want:

martin_pentreath

Including me.

Reply to
soup

Thanks all. Getting one e-mailed to me.

Reply to
soup

Including me. First thing I do is mute the speakers. The second thing is curse the web designer.

MM

Reply to
MM

The difficulty with midi files is that they do not contain the actual samples. Its just a stream of instructions to a midi capable device to selecting sound banks and providing note on an note off signals. So even if you loaded up a synth with samples such as you describe, the same midi file would sound very difference played on another synth (or midi simulator as provided with many sound cards).

Hence you will need a digitised sound file format...

Reply to
John Rumm

I routinely run with sound off, anyway.

Reply to
Huge

That has nothing to do with it, this is education here ! Just because no one wants it, that doesn't mean a person shouldn't know how to do it. And of course onece they know how to do it they also find out how to remove it.

Anyway most digital camera, mobile phones etc have some way of recording sound even if a video image is included. I'd just go past a building site.

When I wanted a bit of verbal abuse recorded some F words and the like all I did was record the women next door shouting at her partner. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

May I suggest that you include a little site survey so that visitors can let your tutor know what a complete and utter moron they are? Then jump ship before they start telling you to keep all your images in MS bitmap format...

(Alternatively, please tell me that this is a late April Fools :-)

Reply to
Jules

Shall I really make your day and tell you it is all on Frontpage ?

It is pretty much just busy work till the end of the academic year as I am so out of step with the rest of the class

Reply to
soup

Heh heh - did you have to!? :)

Reply to