Micropore

Micropore is excellent for retaining finger bandages, but after a day or two becomes very difficult to peel off. Anyone know a good softening agent that's safe to use ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Zoff.

Tim

Medium hot, soapy water?

MM

Reply to
MM

no one has said angle grinder yet.

Reply to
F Murtz

That's probably why he needs the finger bandage in the first place.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I hate to say it, but I wonder if WD-40 would work.

After all, in this application it doesn't need to lubricate anyway.

(ducks)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Meths.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

You must have ahd military speck stuff then, as when I had an eye op they used that stuff to stick a shroud over my eye, and it fell off three hours later.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

its only white spirit and mineral oil. White spirit on skin I wouldnt recommend.

NT

Reply to
NT

Thanks to all for the good suggestions - and for the laughs too.

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

A day or two?

A bit too long to leave a finger bandage on IMHO.

You have not said what the damage to the finger was? That may alter things.

My finger cut that I got just before Easter is still healing and I soak the cut in the bath every day.

I want a scar free heal and I will get one.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Mineral "oil" huh? So it is a lubricant....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

GASP - an electrician with a cut finger? Now that is a bloody miracle as they don't do enough work to actually cause any damage to themselves - lazy beggars!

And left totally speechless at the fact you "soak the cut in the bath every day", again that's a rarity, an electrician getting dirty enough to have a bath *every* day - the norm is usually once a month; whether they need one or not.

Bloody prima donna's - one very big grin here!

Reply to
Unbeliever

:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yep, their arses are usually big enough to accomodate that - although to speak of millwrights and electricians in the same post is an insult to the millwrights though!

Reply to
Unbeliever

It's a bank holiday weekend You should be too pissed to post:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Its nearly all white spirit, so not even much use as a lube.

NT

Reply to
NT

I cut 3 in 1 with white spirit for my bike chain. Not as good as proprietary stuff but it works.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer