MFI or IKEA kitchen?

`Hi, Dont know if this has been said befdore couldnt really be bothered to re-read it all. Just fitted a IKEA kitchen, after getting a quote from MFI and the guy in the store told me to wait till after some date (Cant remember what) as the prices have just gone up to accomodate the sale they were about to have, kinda made my mind up that I wasnt going to go for MFI.

Anyhow designed kitchen using the ikea kitchen program, then wentt o store with piece of paper and they ordered it all for me, (about £1000 for about

14 cabinets) they said delivery may be up to 2 weeks but within the week got a call. All products were there some over pieces the only problem being that I have 2 metal bars that I have no idea where they go. Got the worksurface from there and worked out so much cheaper than say wickes and looks breally good esp when u get mitered joints, from a local cabinet maker (If you in essex region let me know have a great contact)

Anyway cut a long story short I would go for IKEA again, just bear in mind the pipes which ok are a bit of a pain but does give you very big draws. Olly

Reply to
Oliver

"deep in some" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

My biggest gripe about Wickes is their lack of range of wall cabinets. Their standard ones simply do not work for us so we shallbe going to... umm, somewhere else.

Reply to
Rod

yep, little black things that fit just inside the units to stop the doors/drawers slamming. These have been added since I bought my kitchen, and I couldn't find them anywhere so I assume you get them with the units :-(

Actually, does anybody know where I can get these (or similar)?

Reply to
RayDavis

You can get self adhesive buffers from ebay.

Kaiser

"Kaiser" wrote in news:427933ab$0$303$cc9e4d1f@news- text.dial.pipex.com:

for them. (I did check and Wickes fit genuine Blum fittings. Don't know about the other shops.) If visiting in person, go to the trade counter (which has different opening hours). From memory, something like £17-50 for

  1. As you might have guessed, I am thinking of fitting them when we do the kitchen. Does anyone have a good method of drilling 8mm holes straight into the carcases? I wondered if any of the dowelling jigs could be adapted?

Go to for details fo the full range, etc.

Reply to
Rod

I bought mine from B&Q. Fitted the preexisting holes in my MFI kitchen carcasses. Much nicer that those old tacky stick on bumpers.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

They also don't stock the colour matched carcass side panels, which is important if you're not going for white. They just give you a chunk of coloured chipboard to cut to size and glue on, which looks cheap and nasty in comparison to the correctly manufactured replacement side panels.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle