mezzanine floor

I want to build a mezzanine floor in a former cinema I'm converting to living space. I reckon it will measure about 25 x 15 feet.
I'm thinking of using Glulam for the main structure.
Does anyone on this group have any expertise or experience they could pass on - or maybe recommend a book/set of plans I could get hold of?
I would also be interested to know of any firms who carry out this sort of work - just in case I get a case of cold feet and wobbly saw!
Thanks.
Phil

Try a web search for "Mezzanine Floor" and you'll get loads of hits for companies and firms that supply, fit and tailor make them for any situation.
http://www.eracking.co.uk/frameworks/generic/public_users/default.asp

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've had a thorough trawl through but mezzanine floors seem to mean warehouses for the most part, whereas I need something for home use.
It may be, of course, that I can adapt some sort of industrial kit.
Phil

supply,
It's amazing what a thin cladding of timber around the frame does. With a prefab' frame you know have something that will take the loads you need, and that it is going to last without lots of maintenance. So I personally would go for the kit and adapt it to suit the installation required.
You might be able to pick up a frame from a auction room or factory sale, so hold out for a while and search the local papers and salesrooms Etc.
Good luck with it, and have a Good New Year.
"BigWallop" wrote | > I've had a thorough trawl through but mezzanine floors seem | > to mean warehouses for the most part, whereas I need something | > for home use. | > It may be, of course, that I can adapt some sort of industrial kit. | It's amazing what a thin cladding of timber around the frame does.
... in terms of adversely affecting the fire rating of the structure? ;-)
Owain
Owain wrote:

Timber can IMPROVE the fire resistance of steel structures, if its done properly.
Steve
<snip>

AIUI a mezzanine floor is a mezzanine, it's where and what you build onto or under it makes it either industrial or domestic. One thing to understand, just as there are reg's for most things, there are stringent reg's for mezzanine flooring.

Thanks for that. I hear that fire regs can also be tricky. Does anyone know any more about this?
All these obstacles! Who said that an Englishman's home is his castle?
Thanks
Phil