Metric-ish

Which sort of pints and quarts? Imperial or USA?

A considerable number of people have even less of an idea as to how many ounces are in a pint or a quart than they have of grams in a kilogram.

Reply to
polygonum

Yes, the point being that plasterboard sheet sizes are multiples of

300mm, whereas wood sheet sizes are multiples of 12"
Reply to
Andy Burns
[33 lines snipped]

Good man.

Reply to
Huge

buy em in bulk but maybe they should offer thenm in dozens. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes, I've got a set of tiddlers for the dremmel, 0.8mm to 3.2mm in 0.4 steps IIRC, and a few carbide bits for PCB holes

Reply to
Andy Burns

Perhaps we can go back to 2lb loaves of bread.

I've never understood how bakers got away with 2lb->800g, not 900g. Or better the 1kg of sugar.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris