Metpost Spikes

Sorry - deleted original post from - Andrew?
4x4s are available, but probably from a pukka large builders merchant who sells fencing.
http://www.metpost.co.uk/postsupports/spikes.htm
Tony
Problem with Metpost stuff is that none of it is galvanised. Just a spray of red primer over rust.

Still sounds like they`d last longer than the posts though - certainly the case for me when I used a few !
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:10:29 -0000, "PJO"

They also have a wooden post, that presumably has already suffered rot problems, held by only a couple of inches at the base. I've had lots of Metposts start to wobble within a year or two owing to rot, but I've never had one cause trouble by rusting.

Thanks. Actually, it was the 4" repair posts which I've not been able to find, but they do apparently exist... http://www.metpost.co.uk/postsupports/repair.htm
--
Andrew Gabriel

I think i`ve had a couple in the past, along with a couple of "surface" mount versions that bolt to the old concrete - sure I got them from one of the normal sheds (beenandqueued / homebase)