meter size

Hello

Will a domestic u6 meter cope with keston c40 there are a lot of posts regarding the c40 has anyone installed it did they have to get their meter changed? The standard meter discharges at 6mhr adn the boiler requires 4.35mhr or so at peak use considering that the pipe sizing is adequately designed.

I have been told by an installer i may need to get the meter changed any ideas??

Thanks

Reply to
devendradvora

Hello

Will a domestic u6 meter cope with keston c40 there are a lot of posts regarding the c40 has anyone installed it did they have to get their meter changed? The standard meter discharges at 6mhr adn the boiler requires 4.35mhr or so at peak use considering that the pipe sizing is adequately designed.

I have been told by an installer i may need to get the meter changed any ideas??

Thanks

Reply to
devendradvora

It depends what other appliances you intend to have or already have installed. It might well be that the sum puts you over the 6m^3/hr limit.

By the book there is no problem with an normal U6 domestic meter supplying the C40. You will almost certainly need 28mm pipe up to the 22mm inlet on the beast . Depending on the length, size and type of the service main you may have difficulty getting the full pressure out of the meter, but in general you will almost certainly get the 19mBar at the meter outlet.

The C40 will deliver consume the 40kW provided the inlet pressure at the boiler is 18mBar +. On the one I installed a couple of years back. The service pipe was a long length of 22mm [1] and the pressure dropped to about 18mBar at the meter. I got a maximum of 37kW of gas rate as a maximum. The combustion analyser also showed the burner getting a weaker mix (but well within the tolerance) at top rate.

[1] which Transco refused to upgrade.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

you Ed

The pipes have been sized adequaetly for the run and majority of it is

28mm and dropping to 22mm towards the very end been calculated by the book, Total load leaves 1M^3 spare appliances are one c40 46kw and one hob 7.5kw total 53.5KW which is at maximum output equating to 4.922M63hr for rounded to 5.

Thanks again

Reply to
dsv

Depends what else your putting on it. If its just the boiler and some minor appliances like a cooker then it'll be ok. Bear in mind that if you need to upgrade the meter,you may also need to upgrade the service!. This will not be done free. You will need to speak to your Gas supplier,not your public gas transporter ,should this be necessary.

tarquinlinbin