Meter reading

Can't you do it on their website ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Not in direct answer to this, but surely it should be possible to set things up so the electricity company can read the meter remotely? It must be very expensive to send men round to read them.

Similarly for gas and water.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

You can even e-mail your meter redings if you don't manage your account online.

Andy Cap

Don't forget that at a time when prices are rising it might pay to pay at today's prices for energy you will use in the future!

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Remote reading meters have been developed but havn't taken off for some reason. I suspect that they don't work reliably when you have lots of meters in an urban area for example and/or don't work reliably in every type/location of building structure so you still have to send a man round to read those meters manually...

One of ours has the abilty to be read electronically (man holds gizmo to area on meter). I think that was used once but that reading was wildly wrong, any manual readings have been accurate.

It's also expensive to replace all the meters for probably little gain.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice