Meter Change

I called my electricity supplier to change from Economy 7 to a single tariff. I was told they need to change the meter - I am a bit surprised as it is only a year old and will give "Total Used" as well as separate Day and Night readings.

I couldn't understand the logic.

Reply to
John

I expect they are worth more than the single rate meters, and as the meter readers are a bit slow sometimes and muddle the readings up, it should prevent this from happening!

Reply to
Toby

I have had the same with 2 different houses. Given what the companies pay perhaps the employees find it too complicated or have too high a workload and errors creep in. (I am having a pop at the companies NOT their employees here). Neither time have they tried to charge for the meter change.

Reply to
Invisible Man

A bit slow

The one we had in the other day stank of pee

Reply to
Paul

I recently changed to single rate and they left the original meter. They just add the two readings together. That EDF.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

On 22 May, 13:35, "John" wrote: .

This is a utility company; do you really expect logic?

Reply to
mr fuxit

Having had an Option 14 meter in a few years ago, I can confirm my meter wasn't read properly once in over 3 years until I had it removed.

The readings were transposed as against Economy 7, and I ended up having to correct the bills every time - if I didn't know that the rates were "flipped"...

Reply to
Colin Wilson