Metal theft. The biters bit

Not for the faint hearted this one!

harry

They don't get my sympathy.

McK.

Reply to
McKevvy

Nor mine either! It makes one more sympathetic towards Shariah Law. The Mullahs would chop their bloody hands off. There'd only be need to do it once!

Reply to
Mel Rowing

Reply to
Nigel Oldfield

Reply to
TMC

looking at when I could only see the first picture.

The horrid thing is, I can now picture what my dad encountered the time he was driving a train on track where a child had been playing and was caught by the third rail. He was off work quite a while after that. Kind of wishing I hadn't thought of that just before bed.

Reply to
<vicky

Result!

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
grimly4

but the hostname was bought by someone else a few years ago who just switched it to point at their own site, and as far as I know, it was all lost.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Worse than dead eh! Reminds me of Blackadders fate - as a fate worse than a fate worse than death. Ought to be a compulsory fate for all these scumbags who are thieving railside signalling kit etc etc. Still, while sheeple go on voting ConDemLib nothing will improve.

Reply to
mike

Fixed that for you.

Short of getting Vlad Tepes to sort teh place out, nothing will ever change.

Reply to
Tim Watts

That works in nicely with the previous post, would there bw a fuss now if that series started? Also can you no longer ask for black or white coffee but straight (whoops even that can be miss-construed) or with cream?

Reply to
Moonraker

Still get an Americano without offending our cross-pond dwellers?

Reply to
polygonum

WTF's that got to do with it?

Reply to
Huge

Was told a similar tale by an EDF engineer.

The 'thieving ********ie scum' remove the security fences around substations and back a Transit into the enclosure of the transformer. They then lob a bike chain over the three phases aiming to blow the supply fuses. Their next step is to cut and remove the earth cable. Unfortunately - and I don't understand this bit - there can be a high current present in the earth cable even after the fuses have blown. He has attended to one of these 'outages' and found boltcutters with attached fingers next to the cut, but not removed, earth cable. Naturally no tears are shed.

RJS

You would be surprised at how much capacitance a few miles of cable can have..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

*/
any use?

Reply to
mogga

Bet it came as a shock.

Reply to
David in Normandy

An electrifying experience?

Mike

Reply to
'Mike'

if these two were still alight or smouldering nicely when the emergency services arrived. I think it would be useful for police to consider using these images in a warning campaign to deter metal thieves.

Reply to
Steve O