Metal supplier - small quantities

Hi all,

Sometime ago somebody published a link to a mail order supplier of metal bar and rod in small quantities, I used them once but now I've lost it. Does anybody have any suggestions please?

TIA Peter.

Reply to
PJK

=============================== Might be this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 383 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

|Hi all, | |Sometime ago somebody published a link to a mail order supplier of metal |bar and rod in small quantities, I used them once but now I've lost it. | Does anybody have any suggestions please?

B & Q now have a restricted range of metal bar and rod.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The message from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

Or your local steel suppliers. Though mine has a minimum order of a tenner, though I've yet to understand the logic of the reason they've offered. The reckon it's 'cos of recent increases in fuel costs. Which considering I'm collecting it and they're not sawing it is rather odd.

Reply to
Guy King

used them but looks promising.

Regards JonH

Reply to
Jon

I used to use mailordermetals, of Beeston (Nottingham) but their web site has disappeared.

(Folkestone Engineering Supplies)

seem to be recommended in the model engineering group, though I've not used either of them.

Reply to
Autolycus

It was mailordermetals I was thinking of, shame that they seem to have gone, but the Folkestone people look OK and are close enough to me I can collect. Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone else who replied.

Peter.

Reply to
PJK

Standard response to justify any price increase, innit.

Depending on how they process the order it's probably justifiable though... if they have to raise invoices and all the associated paperwork there's a cost attached, and below a certain price it's either not cost-effective for them to sell it, or they'd rather discourage a steady trickle of 'timewasting' customers who want a few quidsworth of stock... whereas at my local supplier, a fairly small outfit, you just have a quick chat with the owner and he's happy to bung a fiver in his pocket in exchange for a lump of metal otherwise lying languishing in the corner!

David

Reply to
Lobster

The message from Lobster contains these words:

Possibly, but for small cash sales they scrawl out a paper receipt and put the cash in a tin.

Reply to
Guy King

RS Components rswww.com Chronos

Mike Harrison