metal strip for carpet, advice please

Question - do they make a metal strip (prob aluminium) that's roughly 10' x 1"?
We're having a new carpet fitted very soon. It will cover only half the room's length because there's a (1cm high) block wood parquet-type floor which already covers the other half. We are content with the wood block floor and don't intend to remove it.
While lifting the old carpet, underfelt and mats from the floorboards from one half of the room, the existing metal strip that joins wood block to carpet, is only 8ft in length!! Probably 9'4" is about the measurement required.
I have just phoned our carpet suppliers. They only do 8' lengths, brass effect or aluminium.
What do you do?
tia

Piece it up ?

over it.
Get a piece of wood to match the floor, and have a rebate cut in one edge of the underside marginally shallower than the carpet to pinch it and hold it down with nice brass screws.
Andrew Mawson