metal boxes for electrical sockets

Hello,

I was having a sort out and found some spare metal boxes as used behind electrical sockets, light switches, etc.

I had some made by CED that I had bought from Tool station and some of the Wickes brand. The Wickes ones seem much more rigid. I presume they are thicker metal. I might buy these as my first choice next time.

The CED ones did the job as far as I remember but I just wondered what the group's experience was and whether other brands were more rigid and better?

What do you use?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

IMO, rigidity isn't particularly important. The different makes tend to give slight variations on sizes which can be helpful.

Can't remember ever thinking "I'm not buying *them* again."

Reply to
Scott M

One brand has a s**te earth screw and I threw them out when I realised.

Other than that, most seem much for much similar.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Must admit to never having seen any difference in rigidity or thickness between makes.

Ones I avoid are those with no holes round the front edge for fixing into wood, etc. And with a cheap and nasty earth terminal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)