Metal Blanking Plate for 1-gang socket

Can anyone suggest where I can purchase low profile blanking plates for a couple of sockets ? I plan to paint over these.

The white plastic blanking plates from MK et al. have a raised profile. There are low profile ones but are often decorative eg. brushed stainless steel or chrome which I worry aren't suitable for painting over.

Any thoughts ? Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul G

the decorative ones should be paintable-over if you abrade them slightly to give a key.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In article , Paul G writes

As long as it is a brushed (ie well keyed) surface, I wouldn't worry about paint not taking. I would however prime them first with an oil based primer or one that claims to be suitable for metal.

The so called decorative ones are a rip off wherever you go (4quid plus even at Toolstation) but if it's only a couple then maybe just take the hit as post will swamp any saving you make on online purchase.

MK or similar Metalclad blanks would do too but they have a marginally higher profile and are pretty pricey themselves.

You could of course make your own from plain sheet ali or steel by how much is your time worth.

Personally a conventional plastic one wouldn't bother me if it was in an unobtrusive location,

Reply to
fred

I've used hardboard and papered over the top.

Reply to
charles

Plastic is thick to give it strength. Any of the thin metal ones will be ok to paint over - apart from the high cost, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)