Metal bed fittings required.

Hi guys. Anyone know where to get fittings that are used to hold a metal bed frame together. There is an allen key bolt that goes onto a squarish long nut.

many thanks in advance.

I have just bought a frame, but didn't realise the fittings were missing till it was too late *G*

Reply to
lavenders19

Try this screwfix page

TMC

dont think those will work tony. longest bolt is 50mm and no square type nuts unfortunately.

thanks for your assistance.

Reply to
lavenders19

Try http:\\

can't you go back to your supplier?

David

Reply to
Lobster

If you can find out who made the bed they'll often send you a pack free if you ask nicely.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I dont know what exactly youre looking 4, but if the problem is just inadequate length, threaded rod will get you any length you want. The metal frames I'm used to interlock like jigsaw pieces.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I know the type you're on about,thave them in my bed frame but was short of one myself but had one already but wasn't the square type.

You will not get the type you want as its a manufactured piece for the bed.

Best thing is go back to store? I'm thinking you bought it other than a store?

The3rd Earl Of Derby

the dome...

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Failing that a kick-ass welding machine will show the recalcitrant furniture who's boss.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Isaac Lord sell longer kitchen cupboard connectors than Screwfix (150mm vs. 100mm, AFAIR). Neither are up to bed or workbench use.

When I make beds I use the simplest, largest and crudest bolts I can - usually M10, sometimes even bigger. You can always find somewhere to hide the, especially if they're long enough and you use Allen heads so they're more easily hidden.

Reply to
Andy Dingley