Meldrew Moment

Hi All

Working in an office on the local estate, various jobs - one of which was bleeding a radiator.

socket outlet covered by a radiator. Wall otherwise empty, rad could have gone anywhere.

I don't believe it!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He has a picture somewhere of a walk-in freezer having been built in a shop within 25mm of an instore ATM. You could just see it by looking along the side of the freezer!

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Were the long spacers there to allow enough clearance for a plug to be inserted?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maybe. But they didn't achieve the objective. Too close for a plug to go in.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, and a hook on the wall for hanging up a pair of long nosed pliers used to insert/remove the plugs when the radiator is hot.

Reply to
Phil L

Can't believe the electrician took the rad off to get his socket in the right place...

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.bartlett

Isn't it more likely to be that the socket was there first and the plumber put the radiator on top. Either because it was the easiest place to put it or because the householder (or office manager) had a specific reason for wanting it there.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

It saves electricity, that's for sure.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I have the same situation in my kitchen AND I DID IT!! The reason being we needed the radiator moving to accomodate an 'American' fridge freezer and the wall in front of the socket was the ONLY space it could go, but at least I put another socket in on the existing radiator wall while I had the floor up. I left the other socket live in case the radiator ever got moved in the future by me or a new owner.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Wooosh

Reply to
RichGK

...and I'm sure Tony Bryer won't mind me reposting this classic:

David

Reply to
Lobster

Reply to
Anne Jackson

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:03:29 GMT someone who may be Lobster wrote this:-

Is the socket for connecting the floor warming cable, which lies on top of the shower tray?

Reply to
David Hansen

Almost worth blu-tacking one onto the shower wall to see visitor's faces....

Reply to
Steve Walker

The message from "Steve Walker" contains these words:

Reply to
Anne Jackson

I do, that picture could have been taken in my hall. The plumbers who installed our CH were asked to take out the rad in the living room and mount it on the other side of the wall in the hall. What we didn't specify is that we would have liked to have still been able to use the plug sockets there. they put the rad almost in the same position as yours when there was an acre of wall space to mount it.

It was more a Basil Fawlty moment when I saw it :)

Reply to
Jeff

I don't suppose it had anything to do with that position allowing for the easiest pipe run did it?

Reply to
Richard Conway

I only just saw this thread, but we have an identical radiator in our bedroom. And it couldn't have been moved from the other side of the wall 'cos there's a 20ft drop that side...

Reply to
Huge