Melamine Coated MDF?

The other day I acquired[1] a piece of thin material - 150mm wide, approx. 6 feet long and around 3mm thick. On one side (and to some extent on uncut edges) it has a good quality finish, possibly melamine. The interior has a whitish cast compared with ordinary MDF.

Can anyone tell me what it is called and/or where to find it for sale?

I have found that the white faced thin sheets in the sheds tend to be based of "fluffy" hardboard on which a clean cut is difficult to achieve. This cuts very sweetly.

[1] Acquired - sometimes equals found in a skip near a small building site as someone was walking by.
Reply to
Rod

A piece of kitchen unit plinth?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Have looked around - virtually all the plinth material I have seen is around 15mm thick. So - is the unusual plinth? Or something else?

Reply to
Rod