measuring door frames for new door

Hi,

sorry to ask 2 questions in a row but, I'm thinking about ordering upvc doors through a wholesaler.

They said the measurements they need are from brick to brick (left to right).

What I want to know is that are there any special requirements for the width of the frame, how would I measure the height when the outside step is lower than the inside floor?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Reply to
mp

Don't worry about the width of the frame. They will allow for that as they should be supplying it with the door. They will allow say 5mm clearance all around. DO NOT deduct this yourself. Just measure the brick-to-brick width in 3 places and give them the smallest. WRT height, you need to be clear if they are supplying the cill also. If so just give them the brick-to-brick height.

Reply to
OldBill