Measuring Cable signal strength

I have recently installed a couple of CATV outlet points for NTL cable around the house terminating in F sockets. These connect to the brown box on the front of the house using a splitter supplied by NTL. I am having problems with one of the connections where I don`t think the signal strength is good enough, the run is approx 10m using proper sat cable. Is there any way to measure the signal strength using a multimeter or otherwise to determine if it is strong enough and what it should be ? Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve

If this relates to cable broadband, have a look here:

't see how you could measure it with a multimeter...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

What TV box do you have? If it's a Pace one, do the following...

turn the box off at the wall (or unplug the power cable at the back) Turn the TV on, and tune into the correct channel (or if it auto switches via SCAT, just turn the TV on!) Hold the up and down buttons on the front of the box and wait until you get into the engineers screen now use the left and right buttons to get to page 12 (This should be DVB DEMOD Status - of not, find that page, as it may be a different number on different models!) You should have three green boxes - The SNR box is the all important one! Compare the readings to that of a known good socket (Mine is green and on

32.5dB)

Hope this helps!

Sparks...

Reply to