MDPE to copper

How do I join MDPE water pipe to copper? I see copper adaptor sets, do these make the copper "look like" MDPE to a MDPE connector? Are there connectores with an MDPE side and a copper side?

Pete

Reply to
peteshew

Just buy the correct MDPE compression fiting - any plumbers merchant will stock ... make sure you use the pipe support sleeve insert.

Reply to
Osprey

In article , peteshew writes

A straight MDPE connector with a copper adaptor set is exactly what you want and they do just make the copper look like MDPE, designs vary but there'll usually be a rubber sleeve and er some other bits. Make sure you sort out how it goes together before you flood the house by doing it incorrectly, good ones from the plumbers' merchant come with a little diagram in the bag, screwfix ones reputedly come without. Example couplers here:

sets here, copper about half way down:
can get 'universal transition fittings' that will do it in one go but a reducing set is easy and cheaper, they're shown on the same page as the adaptor sets above.

Reply to
fred

Thanks Fred, exactly what I needed to know.

Pete

Reply to
peteshew

it in one go, by the look of it.