MDF bath panel and plinth

Any one know how to fit these solid bath panels all you get is the panel and plinth no fittings or instructions . Thank you for any help.

Reply to
Jo King

What type of bath are they going against?

Most panels are held in place using a timber frame around the bath. You can then screw or glue the panel to this. The panel can also be fitted to the legs of an acrylic bath using plastic pipe clips fixed to the panel. These are then pressed over the legs of the bath to hold panel in place.

It all depends on what the situation is in your bathroom.

Reply to
BigWallop

Have a look at this document on Roper Rhodes web-site - fitting instructions.

Paul R

I used mirror screws through the panel into softwood battens (looks neat). If you do this make sure you drill the bath panel first as they can be quite hard!

Mark

Reply to
Mark

When I was about to do mine I asked the fitter who did my shower room. (I was doing the job I couldn't afford to pay him to do and the shower room was more complex.) No hard and fast rules he said, but he usually fixed a batten to the wall at each end of the bath and then held the panel in place with silicon, followed by a bead of silicon around each edge. If you ever need to remove the panel cut the silicon with a knife. When I can to do the job I measured up for the plinth and screwed it (four screws I think) to the panel from the rear. When I'd got that right I offered it up to the bath before fitting any battens and was so pleased with the fit that I went straight for the silicon along both sides and top edge. It's been there a year now and I haven't needed to touch it.

Reply to
Peter Johnson