MCBO's - best make?

Any make specially recommended?
MEM ok?
Anyone had any problems changing to RCBO's, apart from the cost?
--
roger
delete x's to email

You should use the same make as your consumer unit. Mine came with dire warnings that performance could not be guaranteed and that they would not comply with the relevant British Standards if installed in an other manufacturer's consumer unit.
I used Contactum. They work according to my RCD tester. They were the cheapest I could find, but were 2 modules wide (not a problem for me, I just bought a bigger consumer unit!) Screwfix do even cheaper ones from Volex, but they are Type C, so pretty useless for domestic installations. Also, I couldn't find a large Volex consumer unit. They only stocked diddy 9 way units. I needed something around 16 to 18 ways.
Christian.

C'mon Christian, you lend this protectionist FUD b'sht credence by repeating it, they're made to a standard for a reason, so that they all fit and work together safely and interchangeably. If you fit another mfrs BS/IEC approved item there is no risk.
--
fred

I agree entirely that it is mainly a protectionist policy (possibly with elements of liability concerns). However, installing them in direct contravention of their instructions might be picked up on an inspection.
Christian.