McAllister chainsaw

Anybody got one, used one. Comments on quality/build etc Would only be used for small dia (6" max) and only light use in winter.

Reply to
johno

Not used one, but IIRC it was one of those B&Q own brands that seemed to get fairly well slated at the time? Not entirely sure that would be a good starting point for something that could do you such a serious mischief if it throws a wobbly!

Of the cheap brands that do garden kit, Einhell seem to be better tahn some (probably made by the same OEM as also make much of the Clark stuff for Machine Mart, plus also Sovereign). Well enough made, although fairly heavy. Engines start nicely though.

Reply to
John Rumm

Good enough for that.

Found them a bit pissy to start. FIL has one. Prefer my stihl.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you think the Stihl is worth the extra money?

Reply to
GB

Personally yes, but I was using it quite a lot. The McAllister had a big chain but not enough power to drive it for the larger logs.

I have the smallest stihl there is. But it will cut anything its chain length can get through.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I recon about 45cc is the smallest that you can get away with on a two stroke chainsaw...

Reply to
John Rumm