Maybe there is a case for Smartmeters

SSE today:

"We?ve worked out you?ve used more electricity this period than in the same period last year. This is based on an estimated reading for this bill."

They must be clairvoyant. But when I tried to submit an accurate reading, their website rejected it.

Reply to
Davey

The crafty sods no longer put the Freephone meterline number on the Bill

But it still works 0800 980 9651

Presumably they think people throw all their old bills away.

michael adams

michael adams

Yes of corse as the want your money ahead of time to use it themselves before maybe, juast maybe allowing you to have someback. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yup, when a smart meter gets it wrong, you will get yet another opportunity for "computer says no" to creep into the process ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I am already working a Credit balance down, they appear to want to keep it up!

Reply to
Davey

Insist on an immediate full refund.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Actually, if they ever accept the real reading, it should pretty much get it down to evens, I am currently on a less-than-true-use monthly debit. Their original message quoted an estimated meter reading and usage, not a billed amount.

So far, no response to my message of complaint last night about the failure to accept an online reading, which also happened last year, but was fixed. For a short time, it seems.

Reply to
Davey

They have accepted my real reading, and I have used up my credit.

"As you're spreading the cost over the year, we'll carry forward the amount you owe to your next statement. But if you'd like to make a payment to reduce this balance, please call us."

I think I'll pass on that offer.

Reply to
Davey