Maximum bath temperature

Umm, if these "carers" are so incompetent and preoccupied that they let their charges get - or, worse, put them - into a bath that's so hot as to fatally scald them, then... yes, they bloody well SHOULD be punished. Manslaughter doesn't seem inappropriate.

Reply to
Adrian

Contributory Gin, I suspect.

Reply to
Adrian

do you have diabetics in your house? If you did you would know that there are a lot of people out there who can burn themselves without realising it. However, I'm sure there would be ways to just install the required equipment for those people. The probem is what happens f this malfuntions? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Makes a lot more sense to organise things in places like that so that it is impossible for anyone to get into a bath that can scald them instead of requiring the staff to be present at all times when someone is doing something as basic as having a bath, particularly in places with those with Alzheimers etc who can be quite competent at times and not so competent at other times.

Reply to
Simon Brown

Not everyone is as perfect as you.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Tough Guy no. 1265 has brought this to us :

I would actually welcome a thermostatic mixer on the bath, but not for safety reasons, just to automate the filling process. I deliberately have our HW set at 85C. For the downstairs washbasin, which I most often use especially when I've been working, I fitted one so we now have a single tap dispensing water at a hot but quite comfortable temperature. No need of mixing the HW & CW in the basin, just run it until it comes out hot and put the plug in or wash under a steady flow. Likewise with a bath, just turn the flow on and watch the level - perfect temperature every time. what is not to like, but to force these upon us - no.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I do it an even easier way, I don't heat the water. Soap and shampoo work fine in cold water.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

How perfect do you have to be to use a thermometer when you have no heat sense of your own?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

prick

Reply to
Mick

Is this a Hot Tub Time Machine?

Reply to
ARW

I misread the advert's year as 2015.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Tough Guy no. 1265 used his keyboard to write :

I gave that up at school lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Sissy.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Indeed. Those items may work in cold water but I don't. So f*ck to that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Are you a woman?

Reply to