Matching some existing glass

A tradesman broke a window in our porch and couldn't find an exact match, so replaced it with something comparable.

There are eight fairly large glass panels and it looks odd with the one different one, so I'd like to change it.

An ideas where I can find matching glass in the Berks/Wilts area ?

I'm looking for transparent glass with a straight reeded pattern on a

22mm pitch.
Reply to
Rolyata

Before you replace the 7 panels try again to see if you can find glass for the single odd panel.

Take a piece (Or a photo) into some local glass merchants and they should be able to tell you if it is still made.

When a patterned window got broken in my house I was surprised that I could still buy identical glass, despite the original being 30 years old.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

Patterns for glass haven't changed in years, so you should be able to find the pattern you need. Take a section of it along to a glaziers shop, and they'll probably have it off the shelf.

Reply to
BigWallop

Worst case, if you can't match it, you could consider changing 2/4 panels for a different glass, to make a pattern.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Pilkington Glass update their Textured range of patterns quite frequently but keep a stock of discontinued patterns for a few years.

The OP describes what could be the "Reeded" pattern which was discontinued prior to 2002. It is no longer listed in the range of old patterns still offered by Pilkington.

There will be some bits left on local glaziers shelves somewhere. A few phone calls should find a small piece for the door, BUT the OP should be aware that he will almost certainly need to have it Toughened or Laminated for fitting in a door. Expensive.

Reply to
Ziggur