Mastic

What am I doing wrong!

Ok first go at masticking today, bought some kitchen and bathroom mastic for the bathroom for the area between the bath and the tile.

Follow the instructions, load it in the gun and start squeezing, thinking oh that was easy, then it just keeps coming out fast and not giving me a chance to move the nozle bit to the other bit of the bath and I end up dropping it all over the place. I read if you put some washing up liquid on you finger then drag it its does it smoother.

Ended up with a nice finish but turned into a bloomin' mare of a job cleaning it all up!

First go an all :)

Anyone have any masticking tips ? next week is the kitchens turn :)

Reply to
maxi

particular have a look at the application and cleanup techniques.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi,

Try pressing the release lever at the end of the gun, helps reduce 'over-squeeze' :) quite a bit.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C