Masonry paint on bedroom ceiling?

I have a quantity of spare masonry paint that I won't otherwise use. It's Homebase's own brand, pure white matt. It appears identical in consistency and covering power as ordinary emulsion. Can I use up this paint on the ceiling in the bedroom? The ceiling is currently painted with a ripple effect.
MM
Mike Mitchell wrote:

Yup - I've used white masonry paint all over the place with no problems.
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

Interesting that the tin of Dulux Weathershield I was looking at says it must not be used indoors. I suspect this is because it has fungicide and other nasty stuff in it, rather than whether or not it would "work".
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

Lee Blaver wrote:

That is intersting - I've not seen such a warning on any of the stuff I've had (various store own brands). Maybe just a Weathershield thing?
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

Probably, I suspect the fungicide used is not approved for indoor use and Dulux are just covering their behinds.
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

preventing rot. I replaced some rotten wood on my garage in 1996 with brand new timber, taking care to cut back to decent timber and used the complete weathershield 'system' including on cut ends. 5 years later the new wood was showing the ominous shrinkage and now there is a big rotten hole again. The solvent-based undercoat and gloss seems to work fine but the next bit of timber will be soaked in cuprinol for a week first.
--
Andrew

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:27:11 +0000, Lee Blaver

No mention of fungicide or anything else on my tin from Homebase! Anyway, it's too late now. It's on and already dried. It doesn't half cover well! One coat over a mid-blue, and it doesn't look like it needs a second coat. However, I'll check with Homebase tomorrow and, if necessary, give it a second coat anyway with ordinary emulsion, as it's only a small ceiling that took about half an hour with the roller. (I didn't use the Bentley this time...)
MM
Mike Mitchell wrote:

I read somewhere that this a bad idea because masonry paint has fungicide in it to kill mould. The Homebase stuff might be different, though.