Masonary paint

Anyine know of a supplier of exterior masonary paint with a decent range of colours?

I was looking for a very pale green (Sandtex used to do one called Spray Gree IIRC) but most places seem to have umpteen variations on "off white" and naff all else.

Reply to
John Rumm

The Dulux stuff is pretty good, and can be mixed to any colour you want. Comes in smooth and textured.

Reply to
Grunff

Yes. Take a look at products by Jotun, who are a Norwegian company. I have used some of their wood preservatives and coatings and the results have been excellent.

They also do masonry paint products called "Glamur" and "Max", and AFAIK, all are available in a broad range of colours - i.e. the distributor will blend any colour that you like from a match or from a spec.

There is a UK web site

which is not that great other than to give a contact detail for brochures. These are worth getting but don't show many colours.

The Norwegian web site is better, and some sections are in English as well.

Go to

and click on "Male ute" and then on the submenu "FargeVelger". This will give you an interactive colour tool where you can switch to English (Engelsk) and then select a house view that is reasonable. Most are wood, of course, but for the exercise of looking at a colour on a surface and other colours around it, it doesn't matter. You can then play around and tweak the colours, noting the number. This can be done from their palettes or you can pick your own.

WHat I did was to find the colours that I wanted (I needed two) and then bought a litre of each. I did test pieces and offered them up on the surfaces in question. The result was very true to the photo tool.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

B&Q can mix loads of colours using a Dulux masonary paint base.

Reply to
G&M

Hmmm - cute! Some nice houses to play with as well, although I note the average UK semi does not seem to put in a appearance though ;-)

Must admit I had not realised that there were "mix your own" options for masonary paint. That does make life much simpler.

Reply to
John Rumm

not quite ... take a look at :

are 20 different shades in the Super Smooth range which I used.

I bought match pots of several of them ..... then spent time mixing colours & proportions until I got the colour I wanted.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Dulux Trade does WeatherShield Smooth in > 1800 colours and Textured in >

1200 colours. It contains fungicide and algicide. Apparently, smooth should last 15 years, whilst the textured should last 10 years.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle