Masking Tape

Is there a specific make of tape recommended for masking prior to bath sealing? I masked off around a shower control yesterday to find that the tape left a stubborn adhesive line at the tape edge when removed. Obviously this is a non starter when sealing upto the tape. I think the problem was with the age of the tape, but all the same any recommendations please?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

In article , TheScullster writes

You have correctly identified the problem. Never use old masking tape and never leave it stuck on any longer than you have to. I used some of b&q's cheapest for masking silicone sealant and it worked fine.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Thanks Tim

Reply to