Mapping sux

Why is it a lot of points of interest are incorrectly placed on google maps, satnavs etc? Look up an LPG filling station, or a supermarket, and they're often a couple of blocks out.

Today I went to collect some concrete blocks from someone, and tried to drive along a small single track road to his back garden. This road is a no-through road, only used for the driveways of the houses, as the front of them is right up against a busy road.

However there was a caravan parked in the middle of it. I waited a bit, and when it didn't move I got out to see what was going on. Somebody was trying to sell his caravan to Kingdom Caravans, which was not on this access road, but on the main road. He'd followed his satnav. Between me and him and one of the residents, we managed to unhook the caravan and push it into the resident's driveway so he could turn round and get back out.

That's google maps. Kingdom caravans is correct on there, but his satnav told him to go down the little road with the red ring on the end. Also note "Argos Alloa" is in Kincardine for some reason, instead of where it should be 6 miles away in another town, Alloa funnily enough.

The resident told me that they frequently get delivery lorries, ambulances and fire engines coming along there! Even the ambulance for his wife turned up there instead of at his front door, where they were waiting for it.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Fuck off with your shit Hucker.

Reply to