Maplin CCTV system

Looking for a motion triggered CCTV system with digital recording.

I just had the Maplin email ... they have the 'Swann DVR8-4400 8 Channel CCTV Kit with 4 Cameras'

It's on offer at £399

Anybody used these, any good, or is there a better home solution.

It's 1TB recording, motion activated, IR night illumination, internet/phone access. Seems to push the right buttons.

Can take up to 8 cameras, have to check if a wireless camera can be added.

I have pre-wired with CT100 for the fixed cameras .. but a mains powered wirless one would be good (out building which has mains)

Reply to
rick

If I remember correctly this system comes up periodically at Screwfix for a bout £100 less. Also check out Macro as its one of their official distrib utors, you do not need a Macro card if you buy online.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

One thing you can be sure of is everything they sell can be bought cheaper elsewhere. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I know Costco sell them £30 less ......... more interested if this is a good system, or should I look at something else.

Reply to
rick

Can't decide if that is supposed to be Arco or Makro. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice