"Manners maketh man" A short tale.

Speaks volumes ( pun intended ).

Reply to
Stephen Howard

I'm 71, and my memory recall is unreliable. However, a few books come to mind: "The three musketeers" and other books by the same author (Alexandre Dumas ?); the various "Maigret" books, by George Simenon; "The devil rides out" and other Devil worship books (I can't remember the author's name); books by Edgar Wallace, and so on...

There is possibly a valid reason for this, but I'm unwilling to discuss it. Anyway, I've plenty of other things to occupy my time.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Ok, some time ago then. BTW 71 isn't especially old these days.

Are you at all interested in rediscovering the delights you enjoyed so many years ago? I believe it's worth it, and you used to.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Not really. :) Among other things, I keep a few Orchids, and some cage birds (2 canaries, and an African finch). I'm very fond of small mammals, and little birds.

Sylvain.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Phil L" saying something like:

Fuck off and shove your oversensitive PC radar up your arse.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon