manhole covers - galv / stainless steel cost

Was surprised by the price difference between these 2 models from manholecovers.co.uk :-

MHC7122/DSL/AK - 10T 300x300mm Galv Steel Recess Tray D/Seal 4 allen head Screws - =A388.71 + vat carriage paid

MHC7122/DSL/AK/SSE - Stain/Steel Edge 10T 300x300mm Galv Rec D/Seal 4 allen head Screw - =A3198.34 + vat carrriage paid

Units identical except the second one has a stainless steel edge (the visible part I guess).

Well, I guess galv will do. Thing will be hidden most of the time. Any ideas to smarten up a galv edge ?

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Is this for indoors?

For outdoors, the last one I bought was under £20, and that was a heavy duty cast iron one (probably more now with the cost of iron).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indoors, recessed to take floor tiles etc. I was unsure whether to get a recessed one or not since it will not really be seen (under a relocateable breakfast bar type thing), but I want it to be flush. Also I need a double seal, which adds a bit. Standard outdoor ones tend to be quite large 450 x 600 smallest I've seen in the BM. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I get a price increase every few months from a supplier who makes things for me in stainless steel, because of the constantly rising cost of the raw material. It is exorbitantly expensive these days.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar