Man blows himself up trying to kill a spider

"However he was unable to see whether it was dead because the bulb in the bathroom light had blown. At this point he turned to a cigarette lighter to illuminate the room, ...."

Next time he'll let the Mrs deal with her own bloddy spiders

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Bet the damn thing is still alive... the sequel is waiting.

Reply to
js.b1

& tripping on butane...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I suggest it was a close call with a Darwin Award!

Reply to
1501

He wouldn't qualify anyway, he already has two kids.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well, why not, while we're at it (from today's paper:)?

1501 wrote:

Well Chimney Lady definitely deserves one (especially since she was a GP and you'd have hoped might have had half a brain cell?)

Reply to
Lobster

Typical the way the comment from junbug20 is taking the "It's always the man's fault" line...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes he would - its for removing yourself from the gene pool, preferably in an interesting way, nothing more, nothing less

Reply to
geoff

> "However he was unable to see whether it was dead because the bulb in

He should have lit the lighter first and aimed the aerosol over it at the spider, (makes a good flamethrower)

Reply to
F Murtz

ah.... gut evenink Mr Bond......

Reply to
Jim K

Good to see Gerard Hoffnung's spirit is still with us !

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager saying something like:

'Maggie, Herts: "What a terrible way to die. I'm staggered that someone could die and begin composing within 3 days."'

Oh, I dunno. Jim Reeves managed it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

LOL! I saw that one, but couldn't think of a good response! You have it!

Reply to
Bob Eager