Man banned from B&Q

And nothing to do with the decking joke.

Its in the Manchester Evening News 10th nov.

Ronnie from Wigan was overcharged a couple of times and complained. So they banned him.

Am looking for the story online

Reply to
mogga

In article , mogga writes

What did he say, 5p for a ?@!%$# carrier bag? . . . . .

Reply to
fred

Pity they don't ban all the dopey women who go there on a Sunday morning.

Reply to
robert

Reminds me of the time I worked for Stirling Microsystems back in the

80's. (Anyone here build a 77-68 or a 69-09?)

We had a sale and people were coming in for days afterwards and saying is the sale still on? I'd cheerfully give them thier discount (Happy to sell something!) and then take down yet another SALE sign that we'd overlooked!

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

Our (new) Homebase seems to be doing loss-leadering, in spades. Selected things cheaper, the cost being made up by quietly holding up the price on most of the other stock.

Reply to
Tony Williams

It's the size of the Homebase ripoff that irritates me. As with Dixons/PC World they carge the earth for the consumable items while selling the durables maybe a little cheaper than High Street prices.

Things like router bits, sanding sheets, cutting disks, descaler, PTFE tape, sealant, glue, even screws, nuts and bolts are hideously expensive.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've just bought a huge (1/4 mile!) roll of thin mains flex from B&Q. I thought I was doing well haggling it down to 1/3rd of list. Then I got home and found I'd just about matched the Screwfix price !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The thing that amazes me about our local Homebase is that they have sublet part of our local store to Moben/Dolphin.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I haven't been inside the Reading one for years, but that used to have several other outlets inside, certainly I recall Laura Ashley for furnishings at one time.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

banned on the phone. I cant remember which day it was but you can listen to it again on their web site.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

That would be BBC Radio 2, 'dumb brains' Vine hasn't infested BBC2 tv (yet)...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I'm the one in the corner with the silly hat!! Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith