Makita V Bosch

Just decided to buy the Makita DD + ID

Axminster send me a flyer
with the Bosch almost identical offer.

Now I'm confused! No real difference in price, Bosch has 3 x 1.5a/hr instead of 3 x 1.3 a/hr on the Makita - that's the only difference I can see.

I used to be indecisive - but now I'm not sure.............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There's probably not much in it - go for the one you like. The only thing I'd say are that the batteries are a bit low capacity for the impact driver on both of them, so the faster charging on the mak may be an advantage.

Oh and buy these:

able to pop a socket on the front of the impact driver is amazingly useful.

Reply to
dom

I'd concur with the above - either offer would be suitable for what you are aiming to do. I like the Makita set that I have but I haven't tried the Bosch. The Makita charge time is great and I've yet to run out of charge on all three cells at once even on large jobs.

I presume you would be going to the Sittingbourne shop if you buy from Axminster - would you be able to have a feel for both of them there? I've never been in an Axminster shop so I don't know the setup.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

or... I used to be schizophrenic but now I'm in two minds about it.

Go to Sittingbourne and buy the Makita one.....

If Sittingbourne is nice then no problem. If it isn't then the view in the rear view mirror will compensate.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The Bosch also has a single handed chuck, which is also much better quality than the Makita chuck that you need two hands to operate.

Reply to
Kaiser

Do you have any similar kit from either maker already? If you do then the ability to share chargers and possibly batteries ought to win the argument. (note that chargers for higher voltage tools will usually charge lower voltage battery packs as well)

Reply to
John Rumm

You haven't been to Sittingbourne have you :-)

Best thing to come out of Sittingbourne is the A249.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think I went through it on the train once......

Reply to
Andy Hall