Makita TD020 Charger

I'm not happy. My incredibly useful TD020 impact driver works fine, but the charger has gone wrong.

When I switch it on the green lamp flashes for a few seconds, then I get flashing red and green alternating. This happens with no battery or with either battery in the receptacle. Never been used anywhere but a clean dry room.

Anyone had this? Any answers? I bought it just over a year ago and intend to take it up with the retailer.

Reply to
Rod

About a year ago I bought one of your excellent TD020 impact drivers. Truly one of the most useful tools I have ever bought, and the first Makita.

Unfortunately, the other day, I switched the charger on, waited for the green light to stop flashing, and suddenly it was flashing alternately read and green - with no battery in the receptacle. Even when I put a battery in, it simply continues alternate flashing.

The charger has only ever been used in a clean room in my house - almost dust free and dry.

Reply to
Rod

Mine is still going strong - not that is any consolation.

The retailer ought to fix it (you can push em quite hard, given its a quality tool - expectations, etc). Failing that I would talk to Makita. Normally they are good with problems like this. (they replaced all three batts on a mate's drill when they seemed to suffer a shorter than expected life).

Reply to
John Rumm

So is mine, just to rub it in :-)

Makita are very good & very quick with repairs. Well worth sending their service dept an e mail.

Update on my Makita autofeed screwdriver. They replaced the entire front end & said that the problem was the SF collated screws I ws using. They supplied me with 2000 Makita own brand collated screws with square head recess. Robertson?

Tried it in anger on a deck & it works almost 100% reliably. Really fast in use.

I'm miffed about having to use Makita brand screws, not so much the price, but I have to order them ahead of time instead of just picking them up from SF.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was wondering about that story as I posted my question. Thanks for letting us know.

Reply to
Rod

Stupid question but...

I assume you've tried it with the screwfix screws since having it repaired? Still no better?

Darren

Reply to
dmc

I have and it wasn't.

That was my point with Makita though, if I'd known it could only be used with a specific make of screw I wouldn't have bought it, I'd have gone for another make.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman