Makita - not impressed with this anyway

I recently bought a new Bosch chain saw to replace my aging B&D one. So far I'm impressed with the Bosch, however this posting isn't about that, it's about the 'Forestry Helmet' I bought at the same time. I had looked at Screwfix and Toolstation for this but, having bought the chainsaw at a very good price locally I decided to just get whatever helmet they had.

So I got a Makita 'professional' helmet with all the certifications etc. and thought that should be the bees, knees (it cost just about half as much as the chain saw!).

However I'm not all that impressed with it, I supect it's probably exactly the same as the Toolstation one at half the price, except for the Makita written across the front.

It came unassembled and that was the first problem. There were quite detailed instructions for fitting the nylon mask to the plastic frame that holds it onto the hat, these were unnecessary really, it was pretty obvious how to put these together. However there were no instructions on how to fix the frame to the helmet or on how to fit the ear defenders, it took me ages to work out how this was done and I'm not totally convinced I did it the way one should do as my method involved quite a bit of deforming of springs and pushing (and swearing!).

Once assembled the helmet is OK but that's about all.

Reply to
usenet