Makita HR2020 does it have rotary stop ?

Quick question, as subject ....

What would the group recommend in that price range which *does* have rotary stop ?

Thanks in advance

Jethro

Reply to
Jethro

I believe not. There is no indication that it does other than rotary or rotary with hammer

You could look at Bosch PBH2200RE in their green DIY range - about £90

or GBH2SR from the professional range

DeWalt DW566K

both about £110.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

The Makita HR2450 is a very nice bit of kit with rotostop. A tad more powerfull than many at just under 800W as well (been able to use mine to core bore a 4" hole though 10" of masonary)

Screwfix normally have these at about 120. I notice that Lawson-HIS have a special offer on these at the moment though:-

including a keyless chuck adaptor.

Reply to
John Rumm

Mine's been brilliant. A revelation after a near 20 yr old single speed B&D hammer drill.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

In which case it's prolly the one I've got, which I have also used for driving my 117mm dry diamond core drill (which it does quite nicely) as well as smaller diamond cores (38 and 52mm) although I've sometimes had more bother with these binding in the hole where they won't turn or come out. Maybe because I've more often been drilling in damp brick with the smaller sizes, or maybe they've more natural tendency to bind for some reason. I could do with more power but the price seems to go up exponentially for SDS machines (with safety clutch - and I wouldn't go back to using one without).

Reply to
John Stumbles

I suppose there comes a point where it is worth buying a dedicated core drill if you do many holes like that. I find the HR2450 to be a very good all round drill/chisel, and a passable driver for a core bit. I would not fancy trying a large core on something with 200W less to play with however, which seems to be a typical power output for many of the better 2Kg class SDS machines.

Reply to
John Rumm