Makita drill repair

Hi all

My Makita sds is playing up it makes all the noise of the hammer action but isn't actually punching much of a hole. either in drill or stop mode . I stipped it down but can't see anything broken or missplaced ? The only thing I can see is the O ring on the piston may need replacing .

has anyone any experience of this ?

Many tthanks for any advise Pablo

Reply to
pablomartin

Have you tried lubricating the shank of the bit before you insert it into the chuck? If this interface gets too "sticky" it can impair or prevent the hammer action.

Reply to
John Rumm

You'll hate this but...on my bosch if you use it in hammer/rotation stop, but the direction switch is set to reverse - it behaves exactly as you describe.

Otherwise look for a poor connection inside the flex (especially where it enters the drill) - it can be powered but not delivering enough current clout.

Reply to
dom

Thanks John

I tried several bits and a chisel . The parts are not to expensive so I may well order a few bits grease it up and see how it goes.

Thanks Pablo

Reply to
pablomartin

Yes, good point, same with the Makita 2450.

Reply to
John Rumm