Makita drill driver died

My 14v Site (rebadged Makita) drill driver died today while I was using it - just stopped during use. Haven't taken it apart yet - am I likely to find anything easily replaceable like a fuse?

Reply to
Piers

Brushes would be the first thing to check (they normally can be removed without taking it apart)

Switch / speed controller and other wiring to check next.

Reply to
John Rumm

My 14v Site (rebadged Makita) drill driver died today while I was using it - just stopped during use. Haven't taken it apart yet - am I likely to find anything easily replaceable like a fuse?

No fuses Battery wire to terminal disconnected Battery cell(s) died. Wire off switch.

It's a simple shell case unit., Remove all screws with it side down on the bench and gently prose apart the cases. Check brushes (Although unless over around 3 years of heavy use unlikely) Check (if fitted) small circuit board in handle for dry joints.

Reply to
Nthkentman

Makita are very cheap to repair, try your local independent hire shop.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks for the suggestions. Had it apart, and the wiring was sound, and the brushes looked OK. Haven't got time to take it in anywhere to get it looked at and I need a drill urgently so got another shell only ordered for only £30.

Reply to
Piers