Makita drill

I have been given a Makita 8406 drill that was in pretty poor nick. I have managed to get the siezed chuck off & replaced it but having done a bit of research I find that it should be variable speed. This one is either all or nothing. It it likely that it is just the switch that it duff?

Url of exploded diagram:

Mark

You may find that complete dissasembly of the switch mechanism, and cleaning will help. OTOH, ...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Well I had a look at the switch, pulled it apart and it has a wiper sort of arrangement and a tiny circuit board it all looked clean enough, so it may just be something duff in the board.

I think it may be worth a punt of £20 or so for a new switch 'cos it's a bloody good drill.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
Mark