Makita competition

Might be of interest -

Owain

Chris Wilson

mailing lists you want to be added to. There are three, all on by default. B-)

Competition rules:

  1. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.

Eh? How can they effectively unilaterally change the rules after I have accepted them by entering the competition?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If it involves actually listening to that station, I think I'll pass. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That's probably not legal. Not that it would stop them though. Even if you opt-out I'm sure they'll spam you.

Reply to
Mark

The cheekiest contract terms I have ever seen (and which we did not accept) was for some trains for Taiwan.

It simply stated that, "In the event that anything has been inadvertently omitted from the specification, upon discovery it will be deemed to have been included".

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

-

> Owain

"Competition entered successfully

Here are three things you need to know.

  1. You might win it, you might not.
  2. If you do win it, we'll be in touch.
  3. If you don't, we won't... but you'll still be a winner in your own special way. "

do pass the Fab FM charidy sick bucket me old mate next Bachman-Turner Overdrive!!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Fuckwit Captcha shows the letters in upper case but will only accept them in lower case.

Took me three goes to get an entry accepted.

Now wondering if I should cycle through all my email addresses just to increase the vanishingly small chances of winning.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

So you want spam to all your email addresses? ;-)

Better do it from different ISPs though. They block more than one entry from the same IP address.

Reply to
Mark

Funny how folk scream blue murder at any advertising on this group but when IT'S A COMPETITION, the advertising passes without a comment.

I see it all the time now on Facebook. Seems that sellers have found a very cheap way of advertising their products that completely bypasses most folks scruples.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

:-))