Makita battery - Original mfg or not?

I have a Makita 6096D and it's batteries are getting a bit tired.. They are 9033s

9.6V 2.2Ah NiMH.

A Makita replacement appears to be about £44.

Whereas an "other" manufacturer replacement would be about £20 for a 2.2Ah or £24 for a

3Ah.

Does anyone have any experience with the "other" manufacturers versions? Are they any good? What could possibly go wrong :-)

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Hi,

Try opening the original pack and see who the cells are made by.

Also have a look into getting the orignal pack 'recelled':

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I found this site in the"Woodworker"---www.EuroBatteries.com. Sorry, but I don't know how to add a link. I've not used these particular products, but I've recelled some of my packs, and it was pretty easy, but this firm's cells are cheaper than the ones I used. HTH.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

I've just replaced the batts fro my Makita cordless with one costing about £40. I would have spent extra on the NiMH if they had been available (without a lotof extra searching).

Even the cheap Makita batts are stunningly better than ones for the low end manufacturers.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Most of the battery packs I've opened have the cells wrapped in plain white plastic where insulation is needed - ie no maker's name.

But if you want a 'name' for decent quality go for Sanyo.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Only the cheapest cordless tools have unbranded cells ;)

The cells in my cordless drill (Argos own brand) are made by Huanyu:

Agreed!

Though I'd be interested to know what cells are in Makita packs, anyone know?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

The Ryobi ONE+ plus batteries are made by Panasonic, which are about the best. I would assume Makita are the same.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

well in a 9.6v 9000 pack they are unbranded apart from Japan stamped on the end see,

rather more interestingly when I had the drill apart I noticed this
(

-
Reply to
Mark

--- Clip...

Ok - I decided to take the plunge and try the OEM version. I purchased the 3Ah version from here...

seem to be cheaper than sending off to have them re-celled. I'll update this when it conks... Probably a few weeks time :-)

Thanks to all who posted, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Well that's probably why I've had to repair them. ;-)

Thank gawd for that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)