Makita Battery Adapters

I was hoping to use my Makita 18V Li-ion battery (BL1830) for other projects as a power source. I was going to cobble together some sort of attachment but then thought there might be something already available.

I ended up finding this:

I'm not sure if it would fit the 18V battery - then I noticed then price - an absolute shocker!

Has anyone seen anything like this for a reasonable price? As in, a few quid?

TIA

Reply to
elziko

Do they actually use that sort of multipole connector? Weird - given you only really need three.

I'd try and find a cheap or broken charger and use the base from that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well to just use the battery as power source you'd only need two surely? And it looks like they only use two in the picture. I already have a charger for the charging.

I have looked on eBay for broken tools or chargers but have not come up with anything reasonably priced.

Reply to
elziko

The picture that came up here shows a 16 pin multi-pole connector y cord.

Looking again it says OBD-II on the plug, so I'd guess there's something wrong.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "elziko" saying something like:

Probably hand-made.

Gut the battery recess from an old power tool.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

depending on the type of cells, some Li-ion can be killed off by over discharging and if that protection circuitry is in the drill or the adaptor then you could kill off the pack,A123 type cells are a little better than some in this respect

Reply to
Kevin

I was intrigued about the price which I thought simply had the decimal point in the wrong place, so I contacted the company. Indeed the web price was wrong, it should be £134!

Reply to
Grumps

I tried calling them but just got voice mail - did they come up with any reasoning when they told you how much it costed?

Reply to
elziko

All I got was "These connectors are rugged connectors designed for ease of mounting onto any flat surface of an enclosure." The price does drop to £117 if you buy 10!

Reply to
Grumps